- DIY Dog Kennel - with IKEA's Baby Diaper Changing Table

Hi everyone, 

It took me for a long time to finish this project. 
But it worth it and so much fun to make it !!! 
Lately I saw dog kennels which looks like a furniture and nice fit in the rooms.  
We're going to have an RV travel from October after my hubby Mr.Wolf retired. 
It's gonna be about for half year trip, so I wanted to make a Koyuki's puppy kennel for our RV. 
As you know we only have certain spaces in an RV, and I wanted to make good enough space for her room, also I wanted to keep vertical space for storage, and easy for cleaning the floor.

And I chose this IKEA's baby diaper changing table, especially this is very stable and happy price !  ($ 35 !!! ) 
It took for a while when I made the design. I wanted to make it useful and which has some functions what I needed.

Ikea's original baby Diaper changing table is this one down below. 


I made a front door with hinges.  It's gonna be full opened. 
I wanted to let her use it as an open space also, 
So the bed padding is made by four pieces separately. 

She looks pretty comfortable...





The wire mesh is from 100 yen shop from Japan. (Like a dollar shop.)  I made it just hang them up with hook.  Koyuki does not have an idea to open it. 



As you see the below picture, this is the open space with dropped front gate.  This front pad is single piece.


I am so HAPPY !!! Finally I have just finished to set it up hanging curtain !!! 
I finished sewing curtain for a while ago, but I could not make decision how I can hang it for kennel.  My friend, Rene gave me an advice to use bungee code.  And I made this with bungee code !!! It turn it out very good !!! Thank you, Rene !!!  And my hubby Mr. Wolf helped me, and Rene's hubby, John also helped me a lot to cut this bottom walls and front door and doggy bone shape her name tag.  He made cutting board for me.  Thank you, Mr. Wolf and John !!! 
Now Koyuki looks happy and comfortable in her kennel !!! 

After I set up curtain. 
She can sleep well after I shut the curtain. 


Side view 

Another side view


When she sleeps, I shut this curtain and hang them up wire mesh for all four sides.
As you see there is a plenty of space for underneath the kennel and top of the table.  Easy to clean up the floor, and I can put dog water underneath the kennel. And I can use top table as a working space in an RV. 😋😋😋👍 Yay !!! 
I am so HAPPY !!! 💕

 


Hope you have an another HAPPY WEEK !!! 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

- RV journey # 17 / Hello Washington DC & Virginia 1 -

- RV Journey # 8 / Sturgeon Falls - South Montreal, Quebec , Canada -

- RV Journey # 11 / Gouldsboro , Maine -