- RV Journey # 37 / Key West, Florida -

Hello y'all , 😊✨

Let's keep catching up my days ! 

If you read my blog, you know we started this RV journey from Memphis on October 4th.  

Once again, let's catch up our journey quickly .... , we have traveled from ..... Memphis, Tennessee -Indiana - Michigan - Canada - Maine - (Passed through:New Hampshire, Massachussets ) - Rhode Island - (passed through: Connecticut ) - New Jersey - New York - Washington DC - Virginia (Fort Belvoir, Williamsburg,Virginia Beach ) - West Virginia - (passed through Ohio) - Indiana - Kentucky - Pigeon Forge,Tennessee  - South Carolina - Florida (Mayport - Ocala - Orlando - Miami ) ... πŸ˜³πŸ˜³πŸ˜³πŸ’¦✨ 
Now it's almost the end of December, about three months have passed since we started ....
And ...here we go, as you see we made it, and got to the Southernmost point, " Key West " . 😊✨ 

When we planned this trip, I thought why don't we go to edge to edge of U.S. ?  Once in a lifetime, why don't we ?   And actually over U.S. we traveled over to Canada, also. 

So, we got to the Southernmost point, " Key West ".
90 Miles to Cuba. πŸ˜³πŸ˜„✨
(By the way, I love Cuban Salsa music and dance.)

Well, I felt like we were going to very different part from mainland, when I saw this view... 
Sometimes I saw it on tv, but this is real. 


But the true reality was ... there. 
We still saw tons of trash by side of the road from hurricane disaster.   Several months already passed, and still there...
lots of lots of broken trees, branches, furnitures, electronics, bicycles, cars, BIG RVs, boats, ....     several months passed, and still lots of stuff there...  
So sad. 
But also, I saw the sign of Christmas tree.  We were driving, so I could not take a picture of it, but there was a handmade Christmas tree on the old bridge, which says "KEY STRONG!"    Yes, people there are still strong and moving forward... 

We heard that our RV parks were closed for two months and just reopened for a while ago.  We saw some of other RV parks seemed washed out.πŸ˜³πŸ˜±πŸ’¦  Some of were just closed, some of them were under re-construction. 

We wanted to stay on Navy base campground in Key West, but we could not get reservation even early this year, and now they are closed. Only opened for people who work there.  It seemed like many many places are still under construction.  
 Wow ... , natureland power is so strong, so unbelievable... 

Anyway, we got there, and spent a week. 

However, I was still very tired from the Orlando events, sometimes I was not feeling good. πŸ˜“πŸ’¦πŸ˜’πŸ’¦  So my purpose there was doing nothing. 

It was super nice RV park, but there was not a beach. 😒 
Hmmmmm .... we went to the beach, but I was not so fine that time, and did not swim in the ocean. 
I just wanted to relaxing and doing nothing.  Luckily we had a TV in our gazebo, yeah !  We don't have a TV in our RV, so we have not been watching TV for a long, long time since when we started this RV journey.   So I enjoyed to see TV in gazebo. 
I believe Momo and Koyuki loved taking nap there, also.      The temperature was just PERFECT for me.  It was around 72-79 F with nice breeze.   I enjoyed just relaxing in gazebo with nice breeze.😊✨


We went to Key West downtown, enjoyed sight seeing, took many pictures. 

- The southernmost point of Key West -
90 Miles to Cuba.πŸ˜³πŸ’¦hahahahaha, neat ! πŸ˜…




Pictures down below, we were at the restaurant by the ocean, by our seat/table, we saw these fish !  Just right there! 
I wanted to fish right there! (Of course I couldn't! πŸ˜πŸ˜“πŸ˜…πŸ’¦  But this is so neat! We saw pretty big size fish, too! )
And it was beautiful sunset. 

Oh, one day when I was relaxing at campground, I fished from boat deck, I saw some fish.  But could not get any. 
It was my appreciation feeding day for fish. πŸ˜…πŸ˜ŠπŸ‘✨





Sometimes when I felt good, Mr. Wolf and I enjoyed outdoor swimming pool, warm water.   Once we swam in the ocean by  the boat ramp in our campground.  Hmmmmm.... okay, it was okay, not bad. But we would rather enjoy beach swimming.  But we enjoyed outdoor swimming pool, that was good.🏊 


Another night in downtown. 


Mr. Wolf enjoyed Scuba diving twice.  He had not been scuba diving for a long time, I worried about him.  But he was okay, he enjoyed it, that's good! 
He said he got a seasick on the boat.  I was surprised to hear that. πŸ˜³πŸ’¦ Well, I guess he is not a NAVY guy anymore. πŸ˜… πŸ’¦ 
He already got off his ship 4 years ago, his body might forgot how to get on the boat... ?! πŸ˜³πŸ˜…πŸ’¦ Poor him, I am not good either for getting on the boat. I also got seasick long time ago. 
So even though I want to fish on a boat, I would rather fish from the shore. πŸ˜…πŸ‘✨


Sometimes we enjoyed seafood meal at a restaurant in downtown.  It was good. 

Just my body condition was not so good while we were staying there,  so really doing nothing was good for me. 
But last day, we finally made it tour for snorkeling, sea kayaking, and sunset cruise. 

It was a great relaxing week.  

See you someday, Key West! 
And we headed to the next destination ... ! 

Thank you for stopping by, y'all ! 😊✨

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

- RV journey # 17 / Hello Washington DC & Virginia 1 -

- RV Journey # 8 / Sturgeon Falls - South Montreal, Quebec , Canada -

- RV Journey # 11 / Gouldsboro , Maine -