- Long Day 1 / Praying for my dad and family -


Today, my sister, my mom and I went to a temple / cemetery for pray for my dad and family members.
We have a Buddhist altar and a shrine shelf in our family's house.
My mom prays for them every morning and night.

My dad passed away 14 years ago.
Everyday, my mom shares breakfast and dinner with my dad, members of family history.
She prepares a cup of green tea and a glass of fresh water, and breakfast and dinner, and she prays for them every single day.  Sometimes we also share sweets, desserts ... etc. We set them in the buddhist altar of the living room and pray.
And about 5-10 minutes after she shared meals with her in about 5-10 minutes, she eats them.
She always has fresh flowers for them.
This is the one of our cultures.
Most of Buddhists and families in Japan has this custom. .... I believe.

On a way to temple/cemetery ... 
There are some carp. ↓


Japanese garden of temple / cemetery ↓





The main temple was under construction.↓

This is new restroom in temple.  Cool... ↓

The main temple was under the construction. ↓


When I come home, I always come to this temple/cemetery and pray for my dad and family members in history.
In our Buddhist custom in Japan, we have special big praying time three times in a year,  two times for " Ohigan "  in spring & Autumn, and " Obon" for summer. 
And we always feel good after visiting and praying for my families... 
It was super miserable hot & humidity, and miserable sweat my face ! ๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ’ฆ๐Ÿ’ฆ๐Ÿ’ฆ

My mom got 80 years old this summer.
 She said, 
" Ohhh...., I can not be an actress 
since my face gets too much sweat easily ! ! "๐Ÿ˜ฎ๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ’ฆ
I said .... " Oh, .... okay ! " ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜ฐ๐Ÿ’ฆ

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

- RV journey # 17 / Hello Washington DC & Virginia 1 -

- Praying for 9.11 -

- RV Journey # 8 / Sturgeon Falls - South Montreal, Quebec , Canada -